Sunday, January 31, 2010

invaded.

This past week was all about survival for us. No gym, no new food Friday, no work, no birthday party... nothing. Just icky, sicky grossness. The Honeycutt's had the flu and plus some. There is nothing in the world so horrible for a mom then to see her babies hurting and not be able to take that hurt away. It only doubles the pain when mommy is hurting as well. I am happy to report that we have all survived. And other than my sore throat and scratchy voice and Hudson's continuing Amoxicillin regimen we seem to be on the mend.

I really have nothing to write about. It feels as though we were sheltered from the world for the past seven days. I am just checking in. I wish I has something inspiring or interesting to report. I don't. Boo on me. In fact the most interesting thing I made food-wise this week was called Blueberry Grunt. Even my food sounded depressing. A friend said it sounded like I was eating smurfs. Ha. Blue, bubbly and delish, not a bad breakfast.

I was feeding Hudson yesterday morning and I was watching the painting guy with really curly hair on PBS (I will snail mail a dollar to the first person who can FB me his name, I can't remember). Anyhow, he was talking about how today is a good day. Then he said, "Yep, everyday is a good day. Don't believe me? Well then try missing a couple." He is so true. There is nothing like a few days of feeling ick to make you appreciate how great you feel when you don't have a stuffed nose, sore throat or killer headache.

Tomorrow is Monday and I am ready to get back into the swing of things. It will be a good day. I wish the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment